Instant Mold and Green Stuff - General Ramblings #11
So what do you do when you want to use the same part twice, but don't have access to another?
But you do have some Green Stuff and ... Instant Mold?
For example, I am looking to double up on the internal Land Raider console panel. Only a single one comes with the kit.
So what do you do, how is it done ?
1. First, go boil some water.
2. Second, dunk an instant mold brick, into said boiling water.
3. Wait 2-3 minutes and grab a pair of tweezers.
4. Grab the Instant Mold out of the water with the tweezers.
5. Squish into a ball, big enough to take the impression of the part.
6. Squish your part into the Instant Mold and leave for 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove the part from the mold.
8. Roll up a ball of Green Stuff.
9. Squish the green stuff into mold. Leave overnight.
10. Check the part is dry, BEFORE you pop it out of the mold.
11. Fit the part.
And compare this to the original.
Some details are not as crisp, but it's all there.