Work, Life, Hobby. Maintaining a Balance - General Ramblings #9
|Marty: "Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?" |
Doc: "The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
So what do you do when you're working a nine to five plus job, pressing social engagements, renovations on your home and finding no time to hobby?
Good question, hey?
To be honest I don't have a good answer or solution. What I do have are a few suggestions:
- #Tuttle time - This is the approach that Carl Tuttle from the 11th Company takes. He gets up a few hours earlier in the morning and does some hobby
- One hour hobby a night - as the name says, pull up a table whilst you're watching the idiot box. If you hide in your hobby lair, they even run a Skype/Twitch/YouTube/Hangouts/Facebook live-cast. The Terrain Tutor, Kris Belleau and even Frontline Gaming run open Google Hangouts on YouTube.
- Weekend block out - Grab a few hours early morning or late night on a Saturday .
- Set up "hobby-time" with your gaming group. While you're waiting for your round, or if you've got a bye round, sit down and punch out a few base coats.
- Build a time machine and go back in time - Well it is the 30th anniversary and their future of 2015 is upon us.